CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 01-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Robbx

Robbx is on a distinguished road

Removing Aftermarket Stereo Facia

Hi

I have an aftermarket Pioneer stereo in my 2006 Ford Focus MK2 (Australia) and I need to return it due to faults but for the life of me can't figure how to remove the facia in order to extract the stereo.

This is the one I am using

http://i.imgur.com/hfStk6g.jpg

This is what the dash looks like from the interior

http://i.imgur.com/wy9DFfK.jpg

But I don't have that stereo.

Anyone have any ideas? I am confused as the silver bit in the second pic has two screws, which sit behind the black trims bit from the first pic and the first pic is attached to the silver bit (clicked in) and screwed to side of stereo...

I bought it off ebay and the dude said just wiggle with fingers or use trim kit, but none of those things do jack all...

Could really use some help =/
Robbx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
mossman

mossman has a spectacular aura aboutmossman has a spectacular aura aboutmossman has a spectacular aura about

Google and You Tube are your friends...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN15v6_zGvs

Kind of a crappy video (lots of text and not enough video), but it sounds like your aftermarket stereo is just held in by friction. Doesn't appear that you need to remove the silver fascia. Get something thin (e.g. butter knife) and gently pry at the left and right sides and hopefully it should start to come out.

Last edited by mossman; 01-06-2017 at 12:50 PM.
mossman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
Robbx

Yep. I've searched through every video relative to this, and through so many google pages, and still can't find anything.

I appreciate the link, but I've seen it and it's no help.

I need something relative to this specific facia kit and how to remove it, something I can't seem to find at all.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
mossman

mossman has a spectacular aura aboutmossman has a spectacular aura aboutmossman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbx View Post
Yep. I've searched through every video relative to this, and through so many google pages, and still can't find anything.

I appreciate the link, but I've seen it and it's no help.

I need something relative to this specific facia kit and how to remove it, something I can't seem to find at all.
The aftermarket fascia kit is screwed to the sides of your aftermarket stereo and the assembly is simply slid into place and held in with friction. You just need to carefully pry it out enough so you can grab it with your fingers and it should slide right out.

If it won't budge, then you could remove the silver fascia to get a hold of it. Look for screws across the bottom and behind the control knobs. Once removed (if there are any), carefully pull the silver fascia off. At that point, you should definitely be able to pull the stereo out. If not, there could be a back strap on the stereo (a thin metal strap connecting the back of the head unit to the vehicle), in which case you would simply need to unscrew it from the vehicle.

Last edited by mossman; 01-06-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
SPL_Krayzie112

SPL_Krayzie112 will become famous soon enough

You´re gonna have to consult Haynes or Chiltons manual...
SPL_Krayzie112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #6
mossman

This may help:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...le-din-stereo/

Sounds like the aftermarket trim piece that fills in the gap on the left/right side has clips that secure it. If so, pull this trim piece off and hopefully the stereo will slide right out.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
Robbx

Thanks Mossman,

That's what I originally thought, but it won't come off, as there are two screws that sit behind the facia, and I can't get that out, thus can't access the screws.
And the black fascia clips into place, but I don't have any access to release them. =S

Last edited by Robbx; 01-06-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
mossman

Quote:
Thanks Mossman,

That's what I originally thought, but it won't come off, as there are two screws that sit behind the facia, and I can't get that out, thus can't access the screws.
And the black fascia clips into place, but I don't have any access to release them. =S
It wouldn't make sense for the trim piece to be non-removable. I think you just need to pull harder. Why can't you remove the silver fascia piece?? It should pop right off as well. Who installed the stereo?

Last edited by mossman; 01-07-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:39 AM   #9
Robbx

Because it's has to screws holding it in, which sit behind the black facia. I can't access either one.

Can't access Silver facia, because black facia is blocking it.
Can't access Black Facia, because Silver facia is blocking it

Old 01-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #10
mossman

Quote:
Because it's has to screws holding it in, which sit behind the black facia. I can't access either one.

Can't access Silver facia, because black facia is blocking it.
Can't access Black Facia, because Silver facia is blocking it
Then how were the screws put in??? If something is covering access to screws, then that piece is held in with clips, and if the piece is held in with clips, you simply pull/pry on it to remove it. Simple as that. Sounds like you need to take it to a local installer and they'll have it out in five minutes.

Last edited by mossman; 01-08-2017 at 11:10 AM.