CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Subwoofers

Old 12-20-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
gopeman

gopeman is on a distinguished road

What kind of Line Out Converter

Hey all, I plan to upgrade my sound in my 08 TL. I decided that I'm going to get an aftermarket subwoofer first, then save some money to replace the front door speakers/tweeters. I used those cheap $15 LOC (PAC SNI-35) on my previous car, however, I read online that having a good quality LOC, such as the LC2i, is worth it since it'll give a cleaner signal. My car has it's own stock subwoofer in the center of the rear deck if that helps. I was told by someone at another forum that since it has it's own sub, there's no point of getting the LC2i.

Also - would I be better off getting a LC7i if I plan to upgrade my front speakers in the future?

I want to hear CarAudioForum's take on this.
gopeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

You will certainly hear a big difference between the cheap $15 dollar units and an Audiocontrol. Audiocontrol makes excellent quality line out converters.
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #3
mossman

mossman has a spectacular aura aboutmossman has a spectacular aura aboutmossman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopeman View Post
Hey all, I plan to upgrade my sound in my 08 TL. I decided that I'm going to get an aftermarket subwoofer first, then save some money to replace the front door speakers/tweeters. I used those cheap $15 LOC (PAC SNI-35) on my previous car, however, I read online that having a good quality LOC, such as the LC2i, is worth it since it'll give a cleaner signal. My car has it's own stock subwoofer in the center of the rear deck if that helps. I was told by someone at another forum that since it has it's own sub, there's no point of getting the LC2i.

Also - would I be better off getting a LC7i if I plan to upgrade my front speakers in the future?

I want to hear CarAudioForum's take on this.
The main difference between the LC2i and the LC7i is the LC7i has summing capability, and you can adjust the front level separate from the sub level. You also get a remote to control the bass. I think it would be worth the extra $$$

Last edited by mossman; 12-21-2016 at 06:36 PM.
mossman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #4
SPL_Krayzie112

SPL_Krayzie112 will become famous soon enough

Are the leads bridgeable on the LC7i? If it is try bridging the last 2 leads for your subs...it might give you a louder bass response.
SPL_Krayzie112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #5
V8toilet

V8toilet is on a distinguished road

I have used line PAC line output converters and have mostly all audio control equalizers, crossovers, factory integration DSP, and LC2 too.

The LC2 Will definitely give you the cleanest and most adjustable signal for your amplifiers. The bass restoration circuitry included with it can be useful depending on your factory radio and the bass control knob works very well. With the Audio Control LOC you can keep your amplifier gains at the minimum setting and use the audio control LOC to match your amplifier to your radio source, which gives you the lowest possible noise floor. My favorite is the audio control EQX and the audio control DQ – 61. The EQX has high level inputs with a great equalizer and LR 24 db active crossover. The EQX also has the capability to make a two channel amplifier bridgeable that might not have the option on the amplifier originally. I got the EQX for less than $200 new and use it to run some Dayton Audio 5-1/4" neo woofers ($29 ea) and Tang Bang soft some tweeters ($21 ea) with a used MTX sealed powered subwoofer ($35) and for a budget SQ system it sounds unbelievable. The mid bass woofers and soft dome tweeters are run off a used Apline MRP F240 four channel amplifier I got for $40 at a local shop. I let a friend listen to this system at work and he couldn't believe how good it sounded for the total amount of cash I spent on the whole system. This is installed in a regular cab Ford F-150 using the sync radio as the source. I did use a PAC factory wiring harness to connect the Audio control LOC so I wouldn't have to cut any wires. I think that was about $30.

Last edited by V8toilet; 01-16-2017 at 03:42 PM.
V8toilet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #6
jepalan

jepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond repute

Another option:
Get an amp that accepts speaker level inputs and don't use any LOC at all.
jepalan is offline   Reply With Quote