CarAudioForum.com

Old 11-30-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
moparman82

moparman82 is on a distinguished road

cda 7893 mode button

Hello every one. After ten years I finally am going back to alpine. Originally purchased a cda 7893 when it was new from circuit city. Ran it for a few years. Then sold it. Have been running a Sony head unit since. So, found a eBay auction. Said it's been sitting for a few years a little dirty. Got it for less than $50!! Seller was reluctant to let going he did. So, I soldered it in, heat shrunk all the wires, cleans the face plate up, go time.
Fires Up all four channels working. EQ working, tuner picking up ton more stations, mode button not working. Cannot turn up the sub. Any ideas? Maybe from sitting? Bad ribbon?
moparman82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 11-30-2015, 10:31 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Refresh my memory- is the mode button activated via pressing the volume knob?

I don't know what it is worth to you, but a replacement face still shows as available (though not in stock), while the volume knob part by itself is no longer available.

http://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?sku=82078Y25077B38

If that is too costly, you may have to disassemble the face and try a DIY solution or look at a used faceplate somewhere like eBay of forum classifieds.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2015, 11:55 PM   #3
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

For sh*ts and giggles, try pressing the "Reset" button as per page 4 of your manual:

http://d2stobyut4u5rx.cloudfront.net...500CDA7894.PDF
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #4
MOSFET

MOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond repute

Among other Alpine units I have owned, I had a 7939 and a 7863 and with both of these unit, I had problems with buttons sticking and/or not working. I carefully removed the small screws in back that hold it together, took both apart, cleaned everything, put it back together and with both units they worked great after that.

The mode button is pretty important, and unfortunately that button is not included in the remote control. Were it me, I would carefully try to disassemble the face and try and clean the areas below and around that button.

If worse comes to worse, often you will find JUST the faceplates of certain units for sale on Ebay. You might be able to find a replacement face for that unit. If EVERY other function seems to work just find, I have to think the problem is with the button, nothing else, but this is just an educated guess.

Good luck,
MOSFET
MOSFET is offline   Reply With Quote