CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 02-17-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

Official Car Alarm/Security Thread

Hello All.

Here’s a compilation of basic alarm/security information that will help you get started on any questions that you might have regarding installation and product inquiries. Please browse these links before asking specific questions. We will attempt to answer the questions as they come along.
PLEASE POST AND REPLY ALL CAR ALARM/SECURITY QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD

If you need specific information on your vehicle, please list the make, model, year, trim, and alarm, so that the accurate tech sheet can be listed. Keep in mind that the tech sheets are for guidance only, and that all wires must be verified using a testing instrument such as a digital multimeter.

Enjoy!

- Ves

Last edited by Vestax05pro; 02-17-2006 at 05:19 AM.
Vestax05pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 02-07-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
saiyaneye

saiyaneye has much to be proud ofsaiyaneye has much to be proud ofsaiyaneye has much to be proud ofsaiyaneye has much to be proud ofsaiyaneye has much to be proud ofsaiyaneye has much to be proud ofsaiyaneye has much to be proud ofsaiyaneye has much to be proud of

Vestex, can I have a wiring diagram for 1981 Ford LTD, Bulldog website only had them for 1987 Crown Vic, the wiring changed a bit from 81 to 87 (mostly the colors).
saiyaneye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyaneye
Vestex, can I have a wiring diagram for 1981 Ford LTD, Bulldog website only had them for 1987 Crown Vic, the wiring changed a bit from 81 to 87 (mostly the colors).
Most of the wiring databases only go as far as 1987. While most colors remain the same, you'll need to test and verify each wire anyways. For instance, parking light wires are near the switches, door pin wire will actually be near the door pin wire, and the ignition harness will always be in the same vicinity.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
azntuner8

azntuner8 is on a distinguished road

i have a 2007 toyota camry xle v6, with the smartkey...does anyone know how an alarm can be installed on my car due to the smartkey feature...i was looking for an alarm with a 2way pager like a viper 5900...is it possable and how would it work?THANKS!!!
azntuner8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 02:57 AM   #5
Vestax05pro

Associates

Quote:
Originally Posted by azntuner8
i have a 2007 toyota camry xle v6, with the smartkey...does anyone know how an alarm can be installed on my car due to the smartkey feature...i was looking for an alarm with a 2way pager like a viper 5900...is it possable and how would it work?THANKS!!!
Yes sir you can do it. You just need a module to integrate it... like this one: http://ifar.ca/download.php?productm...bd4846d03a4080

Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 AM   #6
azntuner8

azntuner8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestax05pro
Yes sir you can do it. You just need a module to integrate it... like this one: http://ifar.ca/download.php?productm...bd4846d03a4080
^THANKS!..do u know if the smartkey will lose any features...like how i walk up to the car, put my hand on the door handle or trunk, and unlockes automaticlly?or will i have to disarm the viper alarm first?...because thats my main concern, losing the smartkeys features(that i paid for)...
azntuner8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
SQrewed

SQrewed is a splendid one to beholdSQrewed is a splendid one to beholdSQrewed is a splendid one to beholdSQrewed is a splendid one to beholdSQrewed is a splendid one to beholdSQrewed is a splendid one to beholdSQrewed is a splendid one to beholdSQrewed is a splendid one to behold

Vestax- appreciate the thread. Seems the sounddomain links have been changed and don't work anymore...hope they still exist.
SQrewed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2008, 04:26 AM   #8
mshabsovich

mshabsovich is infamous around these partsmshabsovich is infamous around these parts

can i have a tech sheet for a 2000 Toyota Corolla LE. Thanks
mshabsovich is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #9
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshabsovich
can i have a tech sheet for a 2000 Toyota Corolla LE. Thanks

www.the12volt.com

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/2067.html
Duct Tape is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2008, 03:49 AM   #10
Vestax05pro

Associates

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveumaryii View Post
to be severe with oneself and lenient with others.-------------------------Our wow power leveling website offer Fast and Secure wow powerleveling service. WoW Power Leveling 60-70, Cheap wow power leveling 1-70. The Professional Cheap WoW Gold! Powerlevel wow gold now. WOrld of warcraft Power Leveling bloom of true love associated with this time of year!
How about you gtfo? Thx. Mods delete this.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #11
mikel7829

mikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond repute

i just bought the bulldog deluxe500 2-way remote start-keyless entry i thoght it was a alarm to so i guess im gonna have to buy a seperate alarm system will one work with the deluxe 500 2-way remote if so what model number do i need and the remote start seems easy but the keyless entry is whats throwing me off its a one wire doorlock\unlock system so i guess i'll have to get ohm resistors were's the best place to pick them up.....radio shack?????
mikel7829 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #12
mikel7829

mikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond reputemikel7829 has a reputation beyond repute

anybody?????
mikel7829 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2008, 06:03 AM   #13
sandsnip3r

sandsnip3r is a splendid one to beholdsandsnip3r is a splendid one to beholdsandsnip3r is a splendid one to beholdsandsnip3r is a splendid one to beholdsandsnip3r is a splendid one to beholdsandsnip3r is a splendid one to beholdsandsnip3r is a splendid one to behold

can you update the alarm reccomendations!?!?! PLEASE?
sandsnip3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #14
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsnip3r View Post
can you update the alarm reccomendations!?!?! PLEASE?
if its built by DEI (viper, python, sidewinder, clifford, etc) its good.
Duct Tape is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2008, 03:07 AM   #15
thomasm

thomasm is on a distinguished road

Viper alarm not arming/disarming

Last week I had the backup siren replaced for my viper alarm system and since then I'm having trouble getting the alarm to arm or disarm. At one point I could only disarm it after manually unlocking the door and turning on the ignition (as the siren was blasting away). I asked the installer why this is happening and he said I needed new batteries for my remote. Well, I have had the alarm for 3 years now, but the batteries were probably fine in both of my remotes. But I replaced the batteries anyway and of course the problem still occurs with both remotes (one which has been kept in the closet for most of the time). Sometimes I can sit right next to my car pressing the arm/disarm button repeatedly and get nothing but usually it works on the first attempt. I pulled out the factory keyless entry remote and it unlocked the doors every time when the alarm remote would not (this fact proabably doesn't mean anything .

So, could this problem be caused by the recent backup siren replacement or is that just a really big coincidence? Unfortunately I paid to have the alarm system installed for me so I don't quite know where things are or how it's wired. I'm hoping someone has some suggestions for me and can tell me what's gone bad so I can replace it. Not knowing how long it will take to get into my car is quite frusturating .

*I don't recall the exact viper model or backup siren model I have but I can find out if needed.
thomasm is offline   Reply With Quote