CarAudioForum.com

Old 03-19-2008, 08:46 PM   #61
Type_X

Type_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatguyRome View Post
would u be able to do a diagram for a dvc sub that has 2 sets of positive and negative terminals on both sides of the sub .. the sub is a 15' lanzar .. i appreciate any help
a 15 foot lanzar? nice man

your situation is no different than any one subwoofer setup

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161
Type_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #62
audiosaab

audiosaab will become famous soon enough

quick question about the 2 4ohm ohm subs being wired to 1 ohm....you know how in the diagram there is a arc going from both +'s to one another and both minuses and then to the amp.....

does that arc mean i have to wire the subwoofers 2 +'s to the boxes terminal cup or what? im just a bit confused with the wiring...sorry
audiosaab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2008, 12:10 PM   #63
GreenBook

GreenBook is a jewel in the roughGreenBook is a jewel in the roughGreenBook is a jewel in the roughGreenBook is a jewel in the rough

a bunch of the op's links are bad, if your not already aware.
GreenBook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #64
hittin_hard1

hittin_hard1 will become famous soon enough

can you come up with a diagram for 4-2ohm type r's wired to one amp?? and with all the subs at 1 ohm.
hittin_hard1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #65
Type_X

Type_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond repute

oh my god...

...sighs*

Old 01-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #66
redrider

redrider is a jewel in the roughredrider is a jewel in the roughredrider is a jewel in the roughredrider is a jewel in the rough

ok im trying to learn this whole wiring of subs/amps... i tried clicking the 2 sub DVC 4 ohm = 4 ohm load link at the first post and it didnt work. my question is, i have two subs that are DVC 4 ohm that im looking to have the amp(2 channel) bridged so it gets the 4 ohm load... so how do i wire the speakers to get them so that when connected to the amp it gives me the 4 ohm load(bridged)?
redrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #67
loco

loco will become famous soon enough

i want to know if i do get 4 10" that are 8ohms in a ported box i want to drop them to a 1 ohm stable amp. Do i just do a sequential or a parallel?
loco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #68
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
i want to know if i do get 4 10" that are 8ohms in a ported box i want to drop them to a 1 ohm stable amp. Do i just do a sequential or a parallel?
Wrong section- try specific questions in the "general" section (but parallel wiring of four 8 ohm subs gets you a 2 ohm load).

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #69
geckoutca

geckoutca will become famous soon enoughgeckoutca will become famous soon enough

sub hookups

so i was looking at this site:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

from above and notice something about the wires coming out of the amp.

i have a cadence ia7 amp and it has four terminals that wires can feed out of to the sub. i am running a single dvc 2ohm sub. i noticed my wires on my amp are coming from the two middle terminals but many of the pics (the link above as well) have the wires from the amp coming from the two outside terminals. does it matter which two terminals you use or does one just need to be pos and one neg regardless?

thanks,

john
geckoutca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #70
Type_X

with the ia7 or any mono it doesn't matter

Old 09-02-2010, 01:44 AM   #71
nickolaughagus

nickolaughagus is infamous around these partsnickolaughagus is infamous around these partsnickolaughagus is infamous around these parts

a great place to go to for sub wiring diagrams is crutchfield.com they have ALL possible ways to wire from 2 ohms 2 speakers to 8 ohms one speaker
nickolaughagus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 AM   #72
nickolaughagus

nickolaughagus is infamous around these partsnickolaughagus is infamous around these partsnickolaughagus is infamous around these parts

ugh wow thanks for the negative rep idiot... lemme give you the link for the bloody diagrams. all i did was go to the site and type in wiring diagrams.

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/lea...rs_wiring.html
nickolaughagus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2010, 03:41 AM   #73
Slick_Willy

Slick_Willy is on a distinguished road

I have two 12" Cerwin-Vega Strokers

12" Dual 2 Ohms Stroker Series Subwoofer
Power Handling:

Peak: 4000 watts
RMS: 2000 watts

Impedance: Dual 2 ohms
Ellipsoid surround
Surround clamping ring
Axial edge surround system
Field replaceable cone assembly
Dual gap motor design
Spider clamping ring with integrated speaker terminals
3" Dual 2 ohms high temperature voice coil
Frequency Response: 40 - 200 Hz
Sensitivity: 84 dB
Mounting-depth: 8"

And I also have a LANZAR 4000 WATT 2 CHANNEL HIGH POWER AMP MXA282

RMS at 4 Ohms 2x 300watt
MAX at 4 Ohms 2 x 2000watt
at 4 Ohms bridget 1 x 4000Watt
RMS st 2 Ohms 2 x 450watt
Electronic Crossover Network
Bass Boost Circuit
Variable Phase Shift Control
2 Ohms Stereo Stable
Anti-Thump Turn-On
Soft Turn On/Off
High Low Level Inputs
Blue Light Illuminated Crossover Control
Power Protection LED Indicators
Advanced Protection Circuitry
Bass Boost Remote Control
T.H.D: <<0.04% li>S/N Ratio: >90dB
Channel Separation:65dB
Frequency Response:15Hz- 35kHz
Dimensions: 10.47''W x 2.46''H x 21''L

My question to you guys is....is this amp good enough for the subs or do i need to buy a new amp?
Slick_Willy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #74
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Willy View Post
I have two 12" Cerwin-Vega Strokers

12" Dual 2 Ohms Stroker Series Subwoofer
Power Handling:

Peak: 4000 watts
RMS: 2000 watts

Impedance: Dual 2 ohms
Ellipsoid surround
Surround clamping ring
Axial edge surround system
Field replaceable cone assembly
Dual gap motor design
Spider clamping ring with integrated speaker terminals
3" Dual 2 ohms high temperature voice coil
Frequency Response: 40 - 200 Hz
Sensitivity: 84 dB
Mounting-depth: 8"

And I also have a LANZAR 4000 WATT 2 CHANNEL HIGH POWER AMP MXA282

RMS at 4 Ohms 2x 300watt
MAX at 4 Ohms 2 x 2000watt
at 4 Ohms bridget 1 x 4000Watt
RMS st 2 Ohms 2 x 450watt
Electronic Crossover Network
Bass Boost Circuit
Variable Phase Shift Control
2 Ohms Stereo Stable
Anti-Thump Turn-On
Soft Turn On/Off
High Low Level Inputs
Blue Light Illuminated Crossover Control
Power Protection LED Indicators
Advanced Protection Circuitry
Bass Boost Remote Control
T.H.D: <<0.04% li>S/N Ratio: >90dB
Channel Separation:65dB
Frequency Response:15Hz- 35kHz
Dimensions: 10.47''W x 2.46''H x 21''L

My question to you guys is....is this amp good enough for the subs or do i need to buy a new amp?
Something doesn't quite add up to the amp. 450 watts RMS at 2 ohms stereo but 4000 watts mono (bridged)? Most likely 900 watts bridged at most.

Besides, dual 2 ohm makes 1 or 4 ohms, and with 2 subs, you're going to get .5, 2ohms, and 8 ohms.... which would be a waste of that amplifier. Find a 1 channel d-class mono amp that does its maximum power at 2 ohms.
Vestax05pro is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #75
Ed39265

Ed39265 is on a distinguished road

I cant get a few of your links to work, specifically the "Dual Subs, Dual Voice Coil, 2 ohms = 2 ohm load." Did you take down the schematic or is it an issue on my end. Thanks
Ed39265 is offline   Reply With Quote