CarAudioForum.com

Old 03-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #31
waldo021

waldo021 is on a distinguished road

Hey, quick question, i have a terrible noise in my sound system, i made a little research about, i found that the problem is in the RCA cables. If i disconnect them, all electrical noise is OFF.

BUT..... in the Ground RCA output at the stereo, if i use a little piece of metal and ground the female output to the stereo´s case... the electrical sound is gone, even with the rca pluged.

Any ideas why is that happening?
If i bought a filter, will it stop the noise?
Can i put a little piece of weld to ground that rca female plug? Any risks doing that?

Thanks!
waldo021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2011, 05:11 AM   #32
bpower1

bpower1 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you guys havent figured out the whinning sound that gets worce when you rev the engine,

it could be afew problems, but most lickly it is related to you power wire

either your rca's are to close or you speaker wire is to close to the power wire

you can fix this problem by buying sheilded wires or by simply moving the wires a decent ways away form the power wire

(any wire that has sound going through it, will pick up interference from a power wire)
bpower1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2011, 05:31 AM   #33
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpower1 View Post
if you guys havent figured out the whinning sound that gets worce when you rev the engine,

it could be afew problems, but most lickly it is related to you power wire

either your rca's are to close or you speaker wire is to close to the power wire

you can fix this problem by buying sheilded wires or by simply moving the wires a decent ways away form the power wire

(any wire that has sound going through it, will pick up interference from a power wire)
Yeah, that's not true. It's nearly impossible to induct noise from a power wire, even if you're using unshielded twisted pair. It's definately impossible for the speaker wires to pick up noise from a power wire. Personally I tie my RCAs to the power wire and wrap any excess RCA cable around the power wire and haven't picked up noise doing this in ~20 years.
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #34
JTW

JTW is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
Yeah, that's not true. It's nearly impossible to induct noise from a power wire, even if you're using unshielded twisted pair. It's definately impossible for the speaker wires to pick up noise from a power wire. Personally I tie my RCAs to the power wire and wrap any excess RCA cable around the power wire and haven't picked up noise doing this in ~20 years.
You have good hearing?
JTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #35
FutureFuzz 26

FutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond reputeFutureFuzz 26 has a reputation beyond repute

you might want to creat a thread to get this question answered, since this OP is from 2003
FutureFuzz 26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #36
smith78

smith78 is infamous around these parts

thank you for sharing bro
smith78 is offline   Reply With Quote