Old 12-30-2004, 11:28 PM   #16
BassJunkey101

BassJunkey101 is on a distinguished road

i got my cap and amp earthed at different places and no noise
BassJunkey101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #17
memphisb

memphisb is on a distinguished road

Ive been doing this for 15 years at like 8 shop's Earthing , Ground , Neg point it's all the same. Sound's like it's a pain in the ***! Some times it's the car's wires sometimes it's the install! But it is a ground prob. Try unpluging your RCA's if it still does it, it's your Amp's ground with a bad ground try only 1 amp at one point and another at another point and CLEAN the area of paint down to bare metal 1 " around the screw! A hungry Amp will draw more amp's. (Polarity does not run Pos to Neg infact it runs' Neg to Pos.) Then plug RCA's in and if it start's again it's an RCA to close to power or a cheap RCA. Try running a new RCA over your seat's not under carpet, if it stop's try moving you RCA's around under your carpet. If you try the RCA thing and it still hum's it's your Head unit. Try grounding it better, Use a nice thick wire and run it to the chasis. if that does not work it could be your Antena. It could be your Alt is not grounded well. The list goes on. Start at one it's a long and boaring job. But you learn more.
memphisb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2005, 07:39 AM   #18
JDBoogie

JDBoogie is a jewel in the roughJDBoogie is a jewel in the roughJDBoogie is a jewel in the rough

I had very mild alt noise in one of my older Acuras.. I tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing worked. I ran across a article on reverse grounding (grounding all of your devices to one chassis point and then running a ground back to the battery). I had nothing else to try so i gave it a shot and it worked! NO MORE NOISE! I have been grounding this way ever since with 0 noise.

If someone has more info on what this form of grounding does.. I would like to know.
JDBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2005, 05:32 AM   #19
black300zx

black300zx is a glorious beacon of lightblack300zx is a glorious beacon of lightblack300zx is a glorious beacon of lightblack300zx is a glorious beacon of lightblack300zx is a glorious beacon of light

i also get "page not found" but i do have a comment to make.

Quote:
Once the minimum and maximum setting is known, start with the gain setting in the minimum position and begin rotating it clockwise until the screw is set at 3/4 of maximum position.

Once the gain for the suspected amplifier has been set, start the vehicles engine. Turn on the radio, and adjust the volume control to its minimum setting.
after reading this, it seems like they tell you to set the gain at 3/4, turn the car on, then turn the volume all the way down on the h/u. did i interpret the correctly?

if so, i would make one small change to it. i would turn the car on, turn the h/u voume down, then turn the car back off. now set the gain at 3/4, turn the car back on, then the h/u.

basically im just saying make sure the volume is down BEFORE you turn the gain up. I can imaging someone with a h/u that has high voltage pre-outs turning the gain up to 3/4. they turn the car on, and dont turn the volume down fast enough, and wind up frying a speaker when the music comes on. i know if i set my gains at 3/4, id blow some speakers pretty darn fast.
black300zx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2005, 02:48 AM   #20
KrammuelSTEog

KrammuelSTEog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACURALEGEND
i also get a 404 error
Whats up??????
I get the same error????

PLZ! fix????
KrammuelSTEog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2005, 02:51 AM   #21
Alyssasdaddy

Alyssasdaddy is on a distinguished road

here is my most famous fix for engine noise

1. Dont run RCA's along side power cables if you have to go near cross them
2. clean grounding point
3. change all the engine grounds to a thicker guage ground cable (the engine whine comes from the alternator because the alt is not grounded to the chassis good enough i usually run a ground from the frame to the system as well)
4. Change the factory charge wire on alternator replacing the stock fusiable link with a 60 amp fuse

I dont belive the idea that high amp gains introduces noise into a system its always somewhere in the installation or even in the quality of the amplifier or signal processor. With that list above i solve engine noise problems 99% of the time. I install for a living and i have only had 2 cars that that list did not fix one was a wire nightmare the other was all cheap equipment
Alyssasdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2005, 02:43 AM   #22
bikerdude198

bikerdude198 is on a distinguished road

mine don't work says page not found
bikerdude198 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2005, 09:42 AM   #23
3kwattspower

3kwattspower is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_B
will grounding a capacitor and amp in different locations cause a whine that does not gain volume at all ?
You should ground the cap, and the amps, at seperate locations. I always do 18 inches apart from each item.
3kwattspower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #24
Audhioholic

Audhioholic can only hope to improve

hi there, im a new guy here

ok if i get in the that situation i will check the Rca cables first and then i'll go to Power amp trying to lower the gain, i will check up the grounding system too, it's generally the grounding from the car is bad, last i will check the HU, sorry my english very bad
Audhioholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2006, 11:46 PM   #25
Waldodamon

Waldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisb
(Polarity does not run Pos to Neg infact it runs' Neg to Pos.)
INFACT, this theory was never proven. More INFACT, you can set it up to draw both ways. In the olden days, when DC power was first conceived, negative was hot and positive was ground. Hmmm. They have never proven the theory of "what runs to what" in polarity. One concrete piece of info is that you always do need both.
Waldodamon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2006, 06:38 AM   #26
qnz_earthquake

qnz_earthquake is on a distinguished road

wat if the subs keep beatin and wen the car is off the speaker make sumtin like a beeping sound wat cpuld that be "highly apreciate the help"
qnz_earthquake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #27
mental_absence

mental_absence is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnz_earthquake
wat if the subs keep beatin and wen the car is off the speaker make sumtin like a beeping sound wat cpuld that be "highly apreciate the help"
sounds like a capacitor is discharging somewhere.
either in the amp, or if u have one fitted urself.
most likely built into the amp though.
it shouldnt do any harm to the speakers.
mental_absence is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2007, 12:47 AM   #28
Waco

Waco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond reputeWaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_absence
sounds like a capacitor is discharging somewhere.
either in the amp, or if u have one fitted urself.
most likely built into the amp though.
it shouldnt do any harm to the speakers.
...this thread was over a year old.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2007, 05:36 AM   #29
mental_absence

mental_absence is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewacokid
...this thread was over a year old.
thats my bad.
sorry!
i just saw the 28/3 bit.
mental_absence is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #30
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Engine Noise Flowchart

I started building this back in '97 -- ok, I actually built it in a day back in '97 -- updated the copyright in '98 and haven't really added anything to it, or finished it, since.

I would like to see it corrected and completed. If you see anything in it that needs correcting, please post it here -- also, if you think you can make some additions to it to help complete it, post them here as well. I will integrate them into the finished product.

I hear from people all the time that have found this useful. I probably would be more so if complete.

Let's see some feedback from you guys that actually know something.

for anyone that cares, the link in that post is broken.

the proper link is

http://caraudioforum.com/flowchart/
Duct Tape is offline   Reply With Quote