CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 01-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
Audi-6ix

Audi-6ix is on a distinguished road

Wiring Help- Speaker Level Inputs to RCA Adapter

I have a monoblock amp that supports speaker level inputs (JBL Club 5501) and it came with two RCA adapters that take normal speaker wire and convert them in to RCA. The amp has L + R RCA inputs for speaker level connections.

I have a positive wire and a negative wire that I will be using as my input (these were used by the factory amp to power the factory subwoofer). I needed advice on what the best way to wire this would be.

So far what I was thinking was:

Taking the two RCA Adapters (L & R), and taking the two positives from both the L & R RCA and connecting those to the positive speaker level wire using a wire nut and doing the same with the negative. Not sure if this is the easiest and most effective way maybe someone else can advise?
Audi-6ix is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-05-2017, 10:46 PM   #2
jepalan

jepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond repute

What you describe should work.

But, I don't like wire nuts. You could connect the sub speaker + and - to one of the RCA adapters then connect it to an RCA Y-Cable.

Or if you don't want spend $ on the Y-Cable, I prefer solder & heat-shrink to wire nuts.
jepalan is offline   Reply With Quote