CarAudioForum.com

Old 12-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #1
Sithis

Sithis is on a distinguished road

New build question

So i'm pretty new to the car audio scene and wanted a little more bump in the trunk that my sony xplods offer. My plan is:

Subs:
2 American Bass XFL-1222 12"

Box:
http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/Prod...yKoxoCV4fw_wcB

Amp:
MB Quart OA2050.1D 2000 Watt RMS Mono Class D Car Amplifier Amp W/Bass Knob

Battery:
Optima Batteries 8010-044 RedTop

As for the battery I don't know much of anything about them but I see that RedTop's are popular.

Please let me know if this would work together as a sort of upper end budget build. Thanks!
Sithis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

What vehicle will you be installing in? What engine/alternator does it have?

Do you already have two of those woofers + that amplifier?
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2016, 05:46 AM   #3
Sithis

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
What vehicle will you be installing in? What engine/alternator does it have?

Do you already have two of those woofers + that amplifier?
It'll be going into a 2013 BMW 320i and no I don't have the subs or amp yet, just planning the build

Old 12-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis View Post
It'll be going into a 2013 BMW 320i and no I don't have the subs or amp yet, just planning the build
An amplifier that does 2000 watts RMS can pull around 200A, and it is unlikely your vehicle's alternator can provide for that plus the electrical needs of the vehicle.

A vehicle like yours can become very erratic if subjected to voltage fluctuations, so a pair of subwoofers with more modest demands powered by a less demanding amplifier would be a better way to go- upgrading the vehicle's battery or adding multiple batteries help with engine-off listening and play time before discharge, but will not be able to keep voltage constant with engine running and amplifier playing towards full output. You would need an HO alternator for a system like that (very expensive).

A pair of Dual 2 ohm Voice Coil subwoofers will wire to a .5 ohm load, a 2 ohm load or an 8 ohm load:

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/wo...2&I=22#results

None of those wiring schemes is appropriate for the amplifier you linked. A better way to go would be to tell us what you are wanting out of the system and stating a budget.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #5
Sithis

Cool, I just want a louder system, maybe enough for some trunk shaking action. Budget i'd say around $750.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis View Post
Cool, I just want a louder system, maybe enough for some trunk shaking action. Budget i'd say around $750.
Have room for 15's ported?

Old 12-27-2016, 11:55 PM   #7
Sithis

Probably not, the trunk is pretty small. Maybe I could fit a 15" in and have the amp on the side or something. Would the box size only add two inches?

Old 12-28-2016, 01:30 AM   #8
SPL_Krayzie112

SPL_Krayzie112 will become famous soon enough

Anything will add more bump than a Sony Xplod

What kind of "bump" are you looking for? Thumpy or Boomy?
SPL_Krayzie112 is offline   Reply With Quote