CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 12-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
bobdylan

bobdylan is on a distinguished road

a nice set of componets for vw passat

Hi,
I am not sure if this is where a i ask for advice but i have a 2003 vw passat 1.8 turbo gl model fwd with a monsoon amp . I just replaced the factory radio and i am not super impreessed with the stock speakers . I was told to try a component install due to the reason the stock set up is already wired as a component set up . i was told it is a bi amped system due to the fact that the monsoon wiring going to the factory speakers is running like that . so my question is does anyone know if i should bye paass the monsoon amp and just run the new componets off the head unit ? which would sound better ? . I was also told that if i dont chose the right components i might fry the monsoon amp . I was also told that the front stock speaker's in this car are two ohm and the rear are four ohm does it matter if i replace all the speakers with four ohm componets or will it sound bad ? > i guess my post has many questions i am sorry it's just i am very confused at the moment any help on this matter would be really appreciated . i guess my main question is does anybody know anything about the monsoon amp or the specs on the stock speakers in a 2003 vw passat . i want to get it correct the first go around
bobdylan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-23-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

I would bypass the stock amp and run component speakers off a new amplifier rather than the head unit- it is a good possibility neither the stock amp or the head unit will have enough clean power to feed the components what they will need.

What replacement radio did you use?
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote