CarAudioForum.com

Old 09-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #16
Robster13

Robster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond reputeRobster13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprackydoo
It helps a lot on some cars for getting wire through the firewall (like through an empty rubber grommet or along the factory wiring) It's a hollow tube with a angled and sharpened end.

Push the cutting side through the grommet.

Put the wire through the handle

go on the engine side of the firewall and pull the wire to whatever length you need.

Pull the wire insertion tool out of the grommet and the rubber will pull tight to the wire. BAM done
Hey, I thought that's what wire hangers were for!
Thanks for the answer.
Robster13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #17
Team Majestic

Team Majestic will become famous soon enough

Late response but I just caught up with the tread...

Any of you guys used vacuum forming machines for custom door panels/dash trim? There are some plans for building your own, or you can purchase a decent one for a few hundred bucks. They are awesome at fabricating custom pieces.

I will get some links together if anyone is interested.
Team Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2007, 12:21 AM   #18
geolemon

Addict

geolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond repute

Vacuum forming machines are expensive and largely unnecessary for most work you would do in a car...

You might check out "vacuum bagging" if you require a vacuum pull. For most things, I actually prefer it. You can see on my web page, for the twin-motor servo sub I built (almost ) that I used it to laminate Kevlar to [and through] both sides of the oddly shaped foam core of the vane unit.

To buy the "right stuff" for vacuum bagging is also a much smaller investment than what you need for vacuum forming.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #19
sentrand

sentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster13 View Post
Hey, I thought that's what wire hangers were for!
Thanks for the answer.
or old antennas.....
sentrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #20
geolemon

Addict

geolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond repute

Old antennas - great pokers.
Want to make it even better?
Heat up the end until it's glowing hot, and hammer the end flat on an anvil. Use a grinder to turn it into a sharp, arrow-like, broad and flat poker.
Then, drill a hole through the arrow-head, and you have the ultimate firewall poker-and-puller by tying through the hole.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:51 AM   #21
geolemon

Addict

Also, this thing is a recent addition to Home Depot, and maybe one of the sickest, most car-audio-install appropriate high-end tools I've ever seen:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...+1600+10401010
Look at that thing - it's almost pocket-sized, super lightweight, completely full featured (with actually one of the highest-end looking keyless torque-clutch chucks I've seen).

I can't personally bring myself to buy it since I have 3 cordless drills now... but I'm drooling over it every time I go into Home Depot. I can't help but stop to look at it, lol.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #22
KONGU

KONGU is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your guide,
KONGU is offline   Reply With Quote