CarAudioForum.com

Old 03-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
4x4dually

4x4dually is on a distinguished road

Question Earthquake PA2150 Repair Info

Hi everyone. Brand new here. Trying to find someone with information on an Earthquake PA 2150. I bough it and a 4030 back around 1988-89 or so when I was in high school. These amps are now in their 6th vehicle, but the 2150 finally died. At first the protection light came on. Now, on the bench, I can't get either light to illuminate, protection or power. It has been connected to two 8ohm Kicker Solobaric C-12' in parallel (also purchased from the first delivery of solobaric 12's from kicker back in the day), so it has always been ran at 4 ohms mono, nothing crazy. It is in a well ventilated area as well so it shouldn't have ever got too hot.

I'm sure the problem is probably on the front end, dc-dc, side of the amp. I've scoured the interwebs looking for schematics but I have failed. My questions are:

1) Does anyone have a schematic they would share with me?

2) Does anyone have experience fixing these amps and could tell me the common failure points? Where to look first type of stuff.

Any advice anyone can send my direction is greatly appreciated!
4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
4x4dually

Pretty impressed with how this thing was built.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

(800) 576-7944

Or check out www.earthquakesound.com and see if you can find something in the downloads section.
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
4x4dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillio View Post
(800) 576-7944

Or check out www.earthquakesound.com and see if you can find something in the downloads section.
Thanks. I sent them a message about trying to locate the schematics and repair manual for the old stuff. In the meantime, my analog engineer buddy has isolated some diodes on the front end and has replaced them. He said it powers up and should be good. I'll try it out when I get it back Friday. So glad it isn't gone for good.