CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
Doogerson

Doogerson is on a distinguished road

some help with parallel wiring

can someone draw and post an easy to read wiring diagram for 2 4ohm DVC subs wired in parallel to an amp. thanks. also what would the total ohms be to the amp.
Doogerson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
JohnBauder

JohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to all

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/da...hmDVC_4ohm.gif This would give a 4 ohm draw.

You could also wire them for a 2 or a 1 ohm draw. You want to wire them to get the best performance from your amp. Many amps are not stable at 1 ohm. What amp will you be using and what is the RMS of the subwoofers?
JohnBauder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
Doogerson

300rms 1000peak subs. i havent found an amp, i asked this to find out what what type of amp i need. i was thinking of a 2 ohm amp. can you show me the diagram for 2 ohms. thankyou heaps.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #4
JohnBauder

JohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to all

OK so you will need to put 600W to them. With 2 4ohm dual vc subs 2ohm is not an option. You need to choose between 4 or 1 ohm. An amp for 4ohm draw is very doable. This one would do fine. > https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...CE2600.1D.html

You haven't said anything about the rest of your system so I've just answered what you asked. I'm a bit concerned though that some of the unasked questions may be just as important. For example if you have or want component front speakers you might be better off with a multichannel amp to run but the fronts and the subs. If you like to get some advice about that please list your car make and model, your current head unit, speakers, amps etc.
JohnBauder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2017, 12:04 AM   #5
Doogerson

thanks for you help. i'm all good from here.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #6
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of light

It's cheaper to get an amp that does rated at 1 ohm than 4 ohm.
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote