CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Vintage Old School

Old 06-24-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
CRANK-IT-UP

CRANK-IT-UP is on a distinguished road

Death of Car Audio REVITALIZED??

Hi everyone,

We all know that car audio has died for various reasons. Mainly technology in the cars factory sy

stems and of course due to theft. But now with GPS and paging alarms is it really that big of a deal? I mean are kids really sneaking around neighborhoods looking to rip off big systems anymore like in back in the day? I don't think it's the same risk. There is far easier ways to make money and it's just not worth much on the black market anymore.

So would it be fair to say that the very technology that killed the car audio industry could very well revitalize it and rebirth it in the form of mobile electronics industry. Audio, video, computers, gps, phone, internet, gaming, and whatever else that is needed or could arise in the future who knows the way things are going.

Just wondering what all you vets out there that lived through the glory days of the early 1990's think about this. Or is it just an industry destine to be doomed because of the factory systems and technology?

I'm curious to hear what you think about this.

Thanks

J
CRANK-IT-UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 06-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #2
CRANK-IT-UP

CRANK-IT-UP is on a distinguished road

Car audio had to be more than just a fad. I remember the day in the 1980's when if you had a home stereo in your room you where bad ***. As a kid that is what we all aimed for a was an adult stereo system.

It's a very interesting phenominon. I great up in the peak of car audio where you'd hear cars blocks away coming down the street. You could even tell if they where your friends some times.

Has to be more to it than just technology as you'd think that would accelerate it's growth not slow it down.

Memories for me of car audio days are kind of like going to an old abandoned theme park and remembering the days decades earlier when you where on the rides with your favorite girl.

J
CRANK-IT-UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2017, 08:42 PM   #3
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Judging from the subwoofer systems I constantly hear, car audio is still alive and well. Alpine has stereo lines to fit specific vehicles and there are several drop in speaker/sub kits for specific vehicles, vehicle specific subwoofer enclosures, etc, etc, etc.
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote