Thread: Power Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #40
drozzy

drozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond reputedrozzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb
Stinger is good. But expensive. If I were you I would add a second battery in the trunk. Put it in a battery box that is vented outside of the trunk. Ground the extra battery in the trunk, and run a wire from the car's main battery back to the 2nd battery.

the Stinger 1700 would work. Personally, I would use something like an Interstate 31-MHD. A group size 31 Commercial battery that has 195 minutes of Reserve Capacity. There is also the Deka Intimidator. It's an AGM battery just like a Stinger. But I understand it can be purchased off of ebay for $100!!! Less than half the price of a stinger.
I bet it's a stupid question, but... how do you vent a battery box outside the trunk?? I guess you use something like this and then... what? You drill a hole in your trunk lid?!?!
drozzy is offline   Reply With Quote