Thread: Power Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #39
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgeman7
Is Stinger a reputable battery company? Cause I'm gonna need a new battery to power my Orion HCCA-D5000 amp and the LEDs I'm gonna have on my car, which is a 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T by the way. What Stinger bat to you guys recommend for the price and use for my application?
Stinger is good. But expensive. If I were you I would add a second battery in the trunk. Put it in a battery box that is vented outside of the trunk. Ground the extra battery in the trunk, and run a wire from the car's main battery back to the 2nd battery.

the Stinger 1700 would work. Personally, I would use something like an Interstate 31-MHD. A group size 31 Commercial battery that has 195 minutes of Reserve Capacity. There is also the Deka Intimidator. It's an AGM battery just like a Stinger. But I understand it can be purchased off of ebay for $100!!! Less than half the price of a stinger.

Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 05-08-2006 at 12:06 AM.
ComfortablyNumb is offline   Reply With Quote