View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 07:18 PM   #5
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep32 View Post
Thanks....I thought by tying in the head unit green wire to the factory harness (via the crux harness), I did that......do I just tie that little red wire attached to the end of the video cable to the green wire on the head unit?
If the factory radio had a back-up camera and GPS, there is a good chance the radio wire harness has the reverse circuit tied in- if what you were replacing was a plain old radio/CD, you'll have to locate and tie into that circuit. The Blaunpunkt reverse wire you'll want to connect to the vehicle's reverse light circuit is likely pink and you'll want to ensure settings for the camera input are set to trigger automatically when the vehicle is put in reverse rather than constantly display the image as long as the input is selected.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote