PDA

View Full Version : Installation help with 12" sub w/ amp

GravyManning
02-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Here's the deal:

Iv'e got a 12" sub going into an amp. It's got a sufficient size cable going through the car into a 70 fuse and onto the battery. I've got an earth wire from the amp with same size cable screwed into the metal floor. Amp's got an RCA cable going through the car on the opposite side to the power and into the radio, accompanied by an antenna.

It drained the battery quicker then you can you can order a meal at McDonalds in rush hour.

What have I done wrong?

basicxj
02-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Here's the deal:

Iv'e got a 12" sub going into an amp. It's got a sufficient size cable going through the car into a 70 fuse and onto the battery. I've got an earth wire from the amp with same size cable screwed into the metal floor. Amp's got an RCA cable going through the car on the opposite side to the power and into the radio, accompanied by an antenna.

It drained the battery quicker then you can you can order a meal at McDonalds in rush hour.

What have I done wrong?

Does your radio have a remote turn-on output? Does the amplifier turn on and off with the ignition key?

GravyManning
02-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Yes and it should do but that's something I hadn't thought of so I might need to check

Thanks for replying so quickly :)

GravyManning
02-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Manual for the radio can be found here:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4109733111.pdf